The Trevisi Self-Ligating Philosophy – TDWire – is not just a prescription for brackets, but a new way to do orthodontics using double-arch in the four stages of orthodontic treatment by working with low friction levels, with advantages over the ligating appliances system and other existing self-ligating appliance systems.
The Trevisi System – TDWire is considered "hybrid“ appliance because it has a .016“ / .016“ auxiliary slot and a .025“ / .028“ main slot. The auxiliary slot allows the use of .010“, .012“ and .014“ NiTi wires, allowing correction of rotations and angulations at the beginning of the first phase of the treatment (alignment) and slot .025“ / .028“ provides sliding biomechanics with low levels of friction.
The hybrid appliance system combines the qualities of the two appliances into one, favoring biomechanics and significantly reducing treatment time by a synergism between the two wires.
Proposal of the System:
- Biomechanics with low level of force.
- Promote the advantages of ligating appliance and other existing self-ligating appliances in the first and second phase of treatment.
- Promote good performance of sliding biomechanics.
- Optimize the work of the orthodontic professional.
- Decrease orthodontic treatment time.